This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a book through these links I’ll make a few cents at no extra cost to you!
- Pants, leggings, and/or shorts
- Skirts or dresses
- Sweatshirt, sweater, and/or light jacket
- Hats, sunglasses, jewelry
- Rain jacket
- Pashmina scarf (optional, but useful to have due to its multi-purpurpose ability. It can act as a scarf, pillow, blanket, coverup, etc.)
- Pack clothes made of quick-dry and water-wicking material if you’re traveling in a warm weather climate.
- Pack one outfit for every two days of travel.
- Pack clothes based on a two-color palette so you can mix and match clothes and pack lighter.
- Use packing cubes to organize clothes in your suitcase.
- Camera/s (I travel with a GoPro and the Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II)
- Mobile phone
- Smart watch
- Charger cords & blocks (Phone, camera, computer, watch, tablet, ereader, etc.)
- Travel power strip and/or USB tower
- Power convertor (Travel Tip: If traveling to a foreign country, check ahead of time to know what kind of converter you may need!)
- Camera SD Cards, SD card reader, computer external hard drive for backup & extra photo & video storage
- Camera tripod (I use the JOBY 3K tripod) and/or GoPro Accessories
- Apple AirTag or other luggage/backpack electronic tracker
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, retainers/dental equipment
- Moisturizer, sunscreen
- Shampoo, conditioner, hair products
- Hair brush/s & hair ties
- Face wash or wipes (Packing Tip: use wipes to cut down on liquids if you want to travel carry-on only.)
- Neosporin, bandaids, moleskin
Travel Tip: Instead of gallon bags for my liquids, I prefer a reusable TSA approved clear toiletry case
- Printed boarding passes
- Printed address of final destination accommodations
- Water bottle
- Day pack and/or purse (Packing Tip: Ie usually travel with a stuff pack and condensible duffle stashed in our luggage in case we need them.)
- Travel size umbrella (optional)
- Journal, small notepad, pens (Travel Tip: liquid ink pens will leak on airplanes, gel ink pens will not.)
- Travel-size sewing kit
- Google Maps (Travel Tip: Download an offline map of the area you’ll be traveling in and then you won’t need data while navigating.)
- Google Translate (if traveling in a foreign country)
- MobilePassportControl (Travel Tip: at participating reentry points to the USA, this will speed up your wait time at Customs.)
More Packing Tips
- Put a piece of paper with your email and/or phone inside your suitcase in case your luggage tag gets ripped off
- Take a photo of your luggage and its contents in case the bag or anything in it goes missing.
- For more packing & travel tips, Nadine has a great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J2PB3A-1uU
- I travel exclusively with hard-shell suitcases now thanks to Nadine’s suitcase review vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZNPAZED9cc.
Purchase a Printable Checklist Page
Want to print off this checklist so you can have it with you as you pack and check off items as you add them to your luggage? Purchase a printable version of my Ultimate Packing List via my Ko-Fi page and support my blog efforts with your purchase! Thank you for supporting my work!